WHAT COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH?

Have you ever really listened to yourself in the course of a day?
Do you see the glass as half empty or half full?
Do you build others up or tear them down?
Do you believe that there is power in the words that come of your mouth?

Proverbs 18: 21 says "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit."  If I have to eat the words that I speak, I want them to be sweet and full of good things! 

There is a lot of responsibility that is handed over to us by our Heavenly Father.  He left us in charge of this earth!  We are supposed to take dominion and rule.  Unfortunately, most of can't even rule our own lives. 

James says in chapter 3 verses 5-10..."Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be."

This should not be!  Is there hope for us?  Yes!  When we ask Jesus into our lives we receive the Holy Spirit, who comes in and dwells within us.  If I ignore Him and just run my own life, fulfilling my own desires, my tongue will be out of control.  But if I am willing to say Holy Spirit, I want  you to be my guide, help me to control what comes out of my mouth, He will do that!  Holy Spirit wants me to succeed and to overcome!  He will empower me to take control in areas where I can't by myself. 

So I encourage you today...guard your mouth!  The Holy Spirit will be very happy to help you if you will only ask Him.  Otherwise the fruit of your mouth may not taste very good!!

Comments

  1. Good Word..Life and Death are in the power of the tongue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WARRING BRIDE

SHEPHERD'S STAFF

SERVING