G-GRACE


But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

Grow in God's grace.  I have lived most of my Christian faith believing that Grace meant "favor".  And it does!  I am so happy for God's favor on my life.  But in the last few years I have learned that His grace is much more than just favor! I want to define grace as unmerited assistance, coming from God to me, through Jesus, for my re-birth spiritually and the power that enables me to live out that spiritual life.  I grow in grace as I choose to walk more closely with the Holy Spirit!

God's grace is always available to me. When Paul had a thorn in his flesh, a weakness that could have taken him out, he cried to God to remove it from him.  God's reply was that,  “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:9) Paul's response was, "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."  Grace was God's power at work in Paul. 

As I examine my life, I know that I need the grace of God every day! Only in His power can I walk this "set apart" life.  In my flesh I will always choose what is expedient and seems right to me.  But by the power of the Holy Spirit I will understand that sometimes my ways are not His ways!

There was a time in my life when I, like Paul, had a "thorn in the flesh". There was a sin that was separating me from God.  It was something I had let in and it was controlling my life.  I am sure many of you can relate.  I cried, I begged God to just remove it from me. I made a decision that I was going to fast until it was gone! After about a week, I was sitting with the Lord in my quiet time and the Holy Spirit began to speak to me. (Not audibly, but it was His voice inside of me.) He said, "Dori, I am not going to take this from you. I have planted two seeds in your heart. One seed is my Word and my ways, the other seed is sin. The one you nurture and care for is the one that will feed your life." That was not the answer I wanted.  I wanted God to snap His fingers and set me free. That however is not how He works!

This life is full of choices to make.  As He said to Paul, His grace is sufficient. But I must choose to feed the good seed. I must choose to know Him and walk with Him.  I must choose to be in the Word and apply it to my life.  Otherwise I am nurturing the sin in my life and that ALWAYS separates me from His grace.  If I choose Him, He will always empower me with His grace to overcome and walk out of the snares of the devil, my own flesh and the ways of the world.

I choose to walk in His grace and to grow in His grace. What about you?


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WARRING BRIDE

SHEPHERD'S STAFF

SERVING