EXPECTATIONS

2016...came so fast!
Really...time seems to go faster and faster.
So have you thought about this year?  What does it hold for you?  Are you happy with the status quo, or thinking of making changes?
I attended a seminar this week about making change and thought I would pass on some good advice. If you can't lead yourself, how can you lead others?
So make every effort to be self disciplined enough to make necessary changes in your own life to bring about personal success, good health, to see goals fulfilled and reach your dreams.  The problem is that most of us try to do everything at once...and fail...and quit.  So much for this years resolutions! The leader of the seminar suggested that each week you make three small decisions to move yourself toward change.  So small that you hardly notice the difference.  It has to be something you are unmovable about...nothing will change your mind.  But also be something that you can sustain, that you will do this thing now for the rest of your life.  It is really a powerful thing when you set your mind like flint and won't change it. 
So I have been thinking about this.
I believe that I can make three small changes every week...to benefit my health and my success.
Small things that effect only me, and don't infringe on anyone else.
Positive things.
As a matter of a fact...my first three things are:  no more sweets, not even in my house;  blog every week, no more taking a break; after my one cup of coffee in the morning, drink only water for the rest of the day.
Does that sound too dramatic for you?
I am determined to pursue divine health.
Sugar is not my friend!
I have already been moving in these directions, so now my face is set like flint that these are nonnegotiable for me.
My expectations are high! 
I will move toward my goals...a few little steps at a time.  With my face set like flint! 
How about you??

Comments

  1. Saying "no" to sugar is a change to make. I have been doing this for quite awhile and it really does so much to keep mind and body (not to mention blood sugar level) on an even keel. Starting a little before 2016, I also have given up red meat, eggs, and dairy and made sure to have oat bran cereals to keep cholesterol under control. So many things that most folks are medicated for can be controlled by the choices we make at the grocery store. After awhile, it isn't anything but a lifestyle change that you adapt to with peace of mind. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! Self discipline was our topic of discussion during staff devotion today; fits right in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WARRING BRIDE

SHEPHERD'S STAFF

SERVING