WHAT DO YOU TREASURE?

Matthew 6:21 says..."For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

My question to you today is "what do you treasure?"  The right answer, of course, is that you treasure your relationship with God above all else!  But for the majority of people that is not  a true answer. There are many, many things that occupy our hearts.  From husband/wife relationships, money, kids, sports, TV, hobbies, etc.  The things we put most of our time, energy and money into tells the tale!

The scary part is that Paul wrote to Timothy in his second letter an exact description of our day in verses 1-5...
You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God. They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that!
I want to have a heart that loves and follows Jesus!
I want Him to be first in my thoughts and in my decisions.
I am so happy for the Holy Spirit, who lives in me AND anoints me with His presence to guide me into right choices.  You see, I don't want to do anything that grieves my Father's heart.  I don't want to live close to the edge of evil, I want to be fully in the light as my Father is fully in the light.  Nothing good ever takes place in the darkness!  I want to be able to say that my greatest treasure is to know Him and walk with Him. 
Facebook recently told me that my scripture for the year is Proverbs 4: 18...The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day.  This is one of my favorite verses...and the path I choose.  I want every corner of my heart to pursue my Lord.  How about you?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARRING BRIDE

SHEPHERD'S STAFF

SERVING