SERVING


Have you had this experience, ask someone for help to set up, tear down, take a Sunday School class, help with an event and their response is, " I will have to pray and see if this is God's will".  What I see in our churches today is people doing nothing because they don't want to be out of God's will.  Father has plans and purposes for each one of us.  Some of those plans are personal for each one of us...and some are expectations for us all.  For instance, it is God's will for each one of us to be conformed into the image of Jesus Christ. To look more like Jesus, we will have to be willing to let the Holy Spirit point out what isn't Christlike and help form those things within us that need to be.

As I look back over my life I understand that God used everything I did and was involved in and every person I've known to shape me and mold me.  Some of it was good and fun, while other things were horrible to walk through.  I have known great rejection in my life, but so did Jesus.  Learning to respond as He would respond is what the Holy Spirit is hoping to form within me.  "Father forgive them...". 

1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18 says…"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."  There are other scriptures that talk about God's will for our lives but I love this one.  I could spend the rest of my life just allowing the Holy Spirit to work this into my life.  I don't always rejoice and I have to be reminded often to pray throughout my day and cultivate a grateful heart.  I want those things to be second nature to me!  How do they get worked into me? By being around people and working together to build the Kingdom of God.

What is my point?  Serve, body of Christ!  Serve one another and help wherever help is needed.  Don't excuse yourself from helping by saying you have to see what God's will is for you.  The biggest "will of God" for each one of us is to "love one another" and that means no excuses, serve God and serve people.  Get involved so God can shape and mold you into His image. 

God may move some of you to certain places, but He wants us to be involved in things that matter!  As my Pastor always says, "the only things we get to take to Heaven are the relationships we have built".  We build relationships by being around each other and serving one another.  Humble yourself and say "Yes, I would be delighted to help because I know God will use this moment to shape and mold me more into His image and character."

What about you?

Comments

  1. Amen, D Valley!! So is this God telling me to get involved in a church, I think so! I , myself have used this excuse many times! Even the dreaded, "I have no gas in the car" excuse!! I know it would be God's will cause He's calling me already to a deeper, more intimate relationship with Him!!!
    I hope one day He will bring me back to Titusville!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WARRING BRIDE

SHEPHERD'S STAFF