MARKS OF MATURITY


Image result for Marks of Spiritual Maturity

The Holy Spirit continually speaks to us, to lead us into all truth and show us who Father God really is.  He encourages us every day to become more like Jesus! He is looking for hungry hearts that desire to hear God and respond to Him.  In cooperation with the Holy Spirit, there are some things that we need to consider as we mature, or "grow up" in the Lord.

First, Father is looking for people who are able to keep long term commitments.  In other words, He is looking for the faithful!  When you read the Old Testament, there are so many who started out following God, and ended their lives living for themselves.  When we decide to follow Jesus we must count the cost!  It is a lifelong decision.  Coming to Jesus and acknowledging Him as Savior is only the first step in our walk with Him.  From that point we must GROW.  Like marriage, time has to be spent and our life entwined with the life of Jesus. 

Too many people acknowledge Jesus only when it is convenient for them.  The rest of the time they live for themselves!  Our selfish ways must end.  My faithfulness says each and every day, walk with me today Lord.  I need you involved in every aspect of my life.  Help me to become more like Jesus today, more than yesterday.  The world tells us "have it your way", when we should be saying, "Jesus, let me walk with you today, accomplishing your purposes.  Let your will be done today, on earth as it is in Heaven, in my life and in the life of my family." 

Maturity says...I WILL BE FAITHFUL TO FOLLOW JESUS.

The second mark of maturity is knowing who I am and whose I am!  Arriving at the place of complete trust that I am a daughter (or son) of the Living God!  No more insecurity or competing with others to win a place in the Kingdom.  I don't have to prove anything, I AM a child of God.  I have to know that I am loved and that I have value!  I have a place in the Kingdom of God that nobody else can fill!  My purpose in God, for the sake of the Kingdom, is found in my relationship with God. 

When we don't know how much God loves us, we are constantly trying to make ourselves look good and others look bad.  There is always a striving to do more than someone else or get more recognition.  Maturity says I am God's and that is all that matters.  I will do that which He asks of me and be thrilled to be used by Him to advance the Kingdom. 

Maturity says...I AM A CHILD OF GOD.

(I don't want this blog to get long, so will continue this train of thought next week.)

Final thought...Do YOU desire to reach maturity spiritually?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARRING BRIDE

SHEPHERD'S STAFF

SERVING