TODAY


Image result for one day at a time sweet jesus


I had a word from the Holy Spirit this past weekend.

It was a very simple word, yet impactful for me.  Sometimes we look ahead in our lives and want to make great commitments in our service and love for God.  Sometimes we break these commitments and than feel horrible because we didn't measure up. Sometimes the Holy Spirit draws us to surrender something to God...such as our time, our souls, our worship, our money, etc.  When we consider it in the light of the rest of our lives, it gets scary!  Can I do it or will I fail again?

The word is TODAY I can yield myself to you Father.  TODAY I can live for you. TODAY I can worship you with all my heart.  When we think in terms of forever, it can be overwhelming.  But when I get up TODAY I can live for you. Christy Lane sang the song, "One day at a time sweet Jesus" and it has often come to my mind through the years. There is  a lot of truth in what it says.

Remember when the Israelites wandered in the wilderness. A hard place to find food.  God provided manna for them every day.  Each day new manna was found, fresh and filling.  God gave only one days supply at a time. Why? He kept them dependent on Him and needing Him in their lives every day just for their food. 

I too need the Father every day.  Lord feed me TODAY, I will love you TODAY, yield to you TODAY, depend on you TODAY, as you give me fresh manna! 

Today, God wants to demonstrate His love for me, and you.
The big picture can sometimes bring fear and depression as we struggle to put one foot in front of the other.  But forgetting what is behind, I can walk with God TODAY.  Not fearing what tomorrow might bring, I can love you TODAY God.

How about you? Can you commit each day to God as you face it and walk with Him in trust and love?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARRING BRIDE

SHEPHERD'S STAFF

SERVING