LOVE REVEALED

Image result for gods love for me

"Jesus loves me, this I know.  For the Bible tells me so.  Little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong. Yes Jesus loves me, yes Jesus loves me, yes Jesus loves me, the Bible tells me so."

Do you remember singing this song in Sunday School?

Unfortunately, after giving our lives to Jesus, many of us doubt that God really loves us. This morning, with a group of Pastors, we were to pray about "God chose us because He loves us". The room was fairly silent! Why? Because many, many people follow Jesus but don't actually have a revelation of His love for them. 

It is one thing to know that "God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son to die for it" and completely another thing to believe that "if I was the only person in the world, Jesus would still have died for me."  Each of our hearts longs to know that God the Father really loves ME.

One pastor shared a story this morning, that during a rough time in his life, struggling to put one foot in front of the other, he had a God moment! He had a vison of himself in a hospital baby nursery. God the Father picked him up in His arms and held him gently and firmly to His breast and just looked into his face with love.  It was a divine encounter!  In that moment everything changed.  He knew that he knew that the Father loved him and would be with him.

Many years ago I struggled in this area of my life too.  God, how could you love me after the ways I have messed up before I knew you, and even since knowing you?  In one moment I had a revelation of His love for me! It was an instant of communication from His heart to mine that made me KNOW that He loved me.  "I can know and rely on the love that God has for me." 

If you sometimes doubt that God loves you; if you think you have to perform to earn His love; if you can't forgive yourself enough to receive His love...THEN ask Him for a revelation of His love for you!  In one moment everything can change.  You can know that you know that God loves you just as you are.  That He formed you in your mother's womb and has plans and purposes for your life!

Ask Him today...don't delay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARRING BRIDE

SHEPHERD'S STAFF

SERVING