EAGLE'S WINGS


This morning in our Pastor's Prayer meeting, we were asked to reflect on Exodus 19: 1-9 and see what God would speak to us before we went to prayer.  Verse 4 jumped out at me! The second part of the verse says, ..."how I bore you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself."  I love the imagery that the scripture presents with eagles.  Sometimes we feel like God is so far away, but if we simply turn our faces to Him, He will bear us into His presence on wings of eagles!

Some of my favorite scriptures have to do with the pictures painted by the eagle analogies.  For instance, we all like to quote the above verse, Isaiah 40:31.  He is my hope, my strength.  As I press into Him I will find the strength to always go on! I can keep in pace with my God, for He will give strength to this mortal body with His Holy Spirit dwelling in me.  Pray this prayer with me right now.
"Lord, my hope is in You alone. I depend on every word You speak to me, in the Bible and in my heart. I wait on You to renew my strength so I can soar with You, just like an eagle rides the wind currents.  You are truly the wind beneath my wings! Let Your strength be in me to run and to walk, with no weariness or faintheartedness! You are my strength!"

I found Deuteronomy 32:11 this morning, where God is talking about an eagle stirs up the young in her nest to fly for themselves.  Yet hovers over them, prepared to catch them if they fall.  Again, what imagery.  God himself stirs us up to trust Him for the impossible.  Step out and do what you have never done before!  Believe God for something that seems impossible! The good news is that He is hovering over each one of us, to catch us if we falter.  He is the greatest encourager I know.  He believes in each one of us to be the best we can be for Him!  Don't fear, step out today.

One final image I want to leave with you today...Psalm 103:5.  "My youth is renewed like the eagles".  Annually an eagle goes through the process of moulting.  As the wear and tear of everyday life causes their feathers to get broken or soiled, they lose those old feathers and get new ones! After this process the eagle looks fresh and young once again.  In this Psalm, the author is speaking about us getting healed! We can get so healed, inside and out, to put off the broken and soiled parts of us, and be healed and strengthened by God.  That we once again will have the freshness and youth of a healed body, soul, mind, etc.  We can soar on eagle's wings as the God of the universe touches and makes us well. The eagle is the strongest bird, the most fearless, the most majestic and can soar the highest of all birds.  That is God's heart for me...and for you. Desire to have His touch and allow Him to hover over you to make you strong!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARRING BRIDE

SHEPHERD'S STAFF

SERVING