YIELDED

I read this question this morning in a book I am reading, "What can I accomplish on His behalf now that I have permission to live as though I'd never sinned?" 

What a great thing our Father has gifted us with!  He now looks at me, and treats me, as if I've never sinned.  A clean slate!  Does that mean that I now can live anyway I want and keep on sinning?  Absolutely not!  What it should say to me is I have received the greatest gift in the world and I need to treat it as the most precious thing in the world.  When you love someone, you treat them with love and respect, offering them your best foot forward.  So how much more should I want to please Father God, who has given so much for me.

If I continue to deliberately live in sin, keep embracing it and do what I want to do, I need to question if I really stepped into a life changing encounter with God?  My relationship with Him should move me to become like Him, look like Him, act like Him, talk like Him, etc.  We become similar to what we set our eyes on and come to know. 

I love Romans 12: 1-2... "Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." 

The first thing I need to do is offer myself to Him as a sacrifice that is living for Him.  In other words, a sacrifice means that it costs me to be His follower.  I can't keep doing what I have always done, or nothing changes.  I worship Him by living now to please Him.  I can't just do what everyone in the world is doing, I have to think differently, see things as God sees them.  I have to desire to live in His will for me every day. 

If I am truly asking Him to use me, to accomplish His will and purposes through me, He will do just that.  But I have to come without my own agenda, asking to please Him.  The Father gives me a brand new heart, as I am working to renew my thinking. 

God wants to change the world through me...and through you.  One person at a time.  I can't give anything of importance to anyone else, until I give myself to Him, completely.  It doesn't happen over night, but in a process of setting myself apart for Him and to Him, I change!  As I change I touch lives around me with His love for them.  I can no longer just live for me...I must release what He is doing in me to give Hope to those around me.  So what can I accomplish?  Anything and everything as I walk with Him, submitted and yielded to His work in me!!

What can you accomplish?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARRING BRIDE

SHEPHERD'S STAFF

SERVING