LOVE'S LIKE A HURRICANE

Have you heard the song "How He Loves"?  I love the imagery painted in the first verse... "He is jealous for me;  Love's like a hurricane, and I am a tree;  Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy;  When all of a sudden,  I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory;  And I realize just how beautiful you are and how great your affections are for me.   And oh  How He loves us oh
Oh how He loves us  how He loves us oh.

I have been through a few hurricanes now, living in Florida. There is tremendous wind that touches everything in its path.  It is swirling and twirling so it gets into every crevice.  This song describes God's love for us as a hurricane, touching every place in my soul, heart, mind and spirit.  That His love completely touches every part of my life.  I love the verse in 1 John 4:16..."And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.  God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them." I love that verse because God gave me revelation deep within me that He really means this!

There was a time when I didn't think much of myself, so it was hard to imagine that God could really love me.  I was serving Him and following Him, but more out of a sense of duty.  In my mind, I was very low on the list of those who He really loved.  Then out of His great mercy, He led me to this verse and made it real in my heart!  I CAN KNOW AND RELY ON THE LOVE GOD HAS FOR ME!  I am the tree in the song, that He is completely wrapping around with His love!  HE LOVES ME!  Do you know He loves  you?  Do you rely on His love for you? 

Unfortunately many people struggle with this, because we don't have an identity that says I AM A CHILD OF GOD.  A good father loves his children abundantly and would do whatever is within his power to love and provide for his kids.  As a child of God I have the greatest FATHER on earth, in the whole universe!  And so do you...if you know Him.  Embrace the fact that you are His child.  And live like you are His child!  As in any family, if I separate myself from my Father and live in rebellion, I am alienated from true love and acceptance.  It is my own doing.  Every father's heart is just waiting for the moment when their child climbs up in their lap, lays their head on his shoulder and says Daddy, I love you.  God is no different. 

What do you believe today?  Do you know and rely on His love for you?
(By the way, Jesus loves you, BUT I am his favorite!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARRING BRIDE

SHEPHERD'S STAFF

SERVING