LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE

Image result for candle
Shine in the Darkness
In camp work and in Sunday School, we always sang the song, "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine... let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!" 

We are supposed to be shining examples of God's love and His kingdom everywhere we go!
I read something this week that triggered the candle idea.  I believe it was in a Bill Johnson book and I wrote it down in my journal.  It said, "Outward manifestations of the Kingdom within, i.e. power, conquest, success, supply, harmony, are all promised.  They do not come as a result of urgent prayer or striving to obtain, but come naturally as light results from a lighted candle."

As I pondered that I realized that I am a striver!  I am always thinking IF I do this, than that will happen.  I always have a plan!  I am always at work to earn something.  I remember growing up I heard these words a lot..."If you really loved me, you would....".  So somehow I equate love with having to earn it through right actions. 

What I hear the spirit of God saying in the above quote is that HE is the light inside of me!  Jesus said, "I am the light of the World!"  Now He lives in me, so the light of the world is in me.  All I have to do is BELIEVE!  Believe He is the Son of God, the only way to the Father and that He died for my sins.  As I acknowledge His presence within me every day, worship Him and live to partner with Him, I don't have to strive to produce anything!  He will naturally flow through me as I allow Him to live in me.

I must guard the flame within me!  Part of the Sunday School song is "Don't let Satan blow it out." There are lots of things trying to snuff out the candle within us!  The Word of God portrays darkness as evil, sin, the things that separate us from God.  Light is His goodness, the things that are right.  The book of Ephesians has a section in chapters 4 and 5 entitled "Living as Children of Light".  Verses 8-14 say "For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light! For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true. Carefully determine what pleases the Lord. Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them. It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret. But their evil intentions will be exposed when the light shines on them,
When you walk into a very dark room, one in which you can't even see your hand in front of your face and you light a match...that match illuminates the whole room!  Darkness always flees in the presence of light! Darkness is trying to overcome the world, but you and I are the secret weapon of the Holy Spirit!  We bring the light!  I don't have to strive to be light...I am light because of His Presence in me!  I give myself to the Holy Spirit so that He can manifest just what is needed for the situation I find myself in.  Darkness can not overcome me...I drive out all darkness!

How about you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARRING BRIDE

SHEPHERD'S STAFF

SERVING