REVELATION OF LOVE




Did you sing this song in Sunday School?  "Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to him belong, they are weak but He is strong.  Yes Jesus loves me, yes Jesus loves me, yes Jesus loves me, the Bible tells me so."

There are many who give their lives to Jesus but don't really have a revelation of His love for them. I know, because for a long time I wondered how God could love me.  A lot of that comes from how we have related to our earthly parents as kids.  If you have had any kind of negative experience in relationships with those who were supposed to love you and protect you, it is harder to accept the idea that Almighty God could love you unconditionally.  I had to come to the realization that my parents were not perfect!  They too were trying to find their way.  Often hurt people will hurt people! We have more understanding today, more openness to talk and be real then the generations behind us.  God wants us to have the perfect understanding that His love for us is 100% all the time!  He sees us as his sons and daughters and His Father's heart is always toward us. 

I had to have a revelation from His heart to mine of that love.  It is one thing for someone to tell me that God so loved the world that He gave His only son that the world wouldn't perish.  It is quite another thing for me to understand that God loves me!  He is a personal God, Father, who wants to have an intimate relationship with each one of us!  Read the book of 1 John for a real look into God's love!  The verse that God breathed on and brought alive inside of me is 1 John 4:16..."And so I can know and rely on the love God has for me."  What I mean is that one day, in the middle of questioning if God really loved me, I read this verse and the Holy Spirit in me caused that verse to bring to light, to make plain and real to me that my Father in Heaven loved me, and continues to love me.  I am so thankful for His speaking to me!

In a love relationship, you don't want to disappoint!  Because I received this understanding of His love for me, I WANT to walk in such a way that I return that love!  I want to continue to be worthy of His love, so I keep myself pure and holy, set apart to love Him and walk with Him.  The world doesn't have such a hold on me anymore, my desires keep changing and I want to bring pleasure to my God. 

You see why a revelation is so important...it takes me to a place spiritually that I can never get to in my own thinking or actions.  That is why I want to spend time with my Father, so I will get more and more revelation from His word. 

My prayer for you is that you will get this revelation of His love if you have not yet had that encounter!  It has to begin with you desiring more.  Do you??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARRING BRIDE

SHEPHERD'S STAFF

SERVING