ABC's of 2017

I felt like the Holy Spirit told me to go through the alphabet and He will give me words to write about for the next 26 posts!  So here is the first word...ABIDE.

Jesus addressed this concept of abiding in Him in John chapter 15.  He talked about Himself as the true vine, the giver of life.  In verse 4 He said, "Abide in me and I will abide in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself, it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in me." He is our connection for life!

I have heard it explained like this... He is the source of our power, everything we need to do life! Like an electrical appliance, if we unplug from the source of our life, there is no power.  That is when we flounder on our own, mess up and then quickly try to plug back in for His help.  The picture above says it all! I can grow and do life when His life flows into mine.  That flow is only created as I stay attached to Him. 

So why do so many people give no thought to who Jesus is or how much He loves us? Why does most of the world walk independently from God and think His ways are old fashioned and out of date?  He is the Almighty, Creator of Everything! He knows how we tick and how we operate. He knows what we need.  He is not some magic genie that waves His hand and makes things happen in our lives.  NO.  He is a loving friend who wants us to be connected to him.  His heart's desire is for us to KNOW Him and BE with Him.  To be vitally connected so He can share His heart and mind with us.  His ways are still the best ways, and His paths will always lead us to abundant life. 

So I encourage you in 2017 to plug in every single morning to Him! Read His word and know His heart. Talk to Him.  He is still the Giver of Life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARRING BRIDE

SHEPHERD'S STAFF

SERVING