D for Disciple

Are you a disciple of Jesus?

A disciple is someone who sits at the feet of another, who accepts their teaching and helps to spread those teachings to others. So I ask you again, are you a disciple of Jesus?  I have to keep reminding myself that a true disciple takes time with the ONE they believe in and learns ALL they can learn.  I have committed myself to be a lifelong learner.  I try to keep the attitude about me that there is always more to learn about Jesus and the Kingdom of God.  I don't ever want to think that I know all there is know, and no one can teach me anything I don't know.  That is actually pride!  As a disciple I am asking the Holy Spirit to daily breathe on the Word of God and show me something NEW. I want more!  I want more understanding and insight into the heart of my Father.  I want to know MY inheritance in the Kingdom.  I want to be the best daughter I can be.  So I willingly posture myself to continue to be in the Word every day and look for new things!

The other part of being a disciple is to help spread the "good news" of the Word!  If I truly believe this word and the impact it can have to change the world,  I need to propagate it!  I need to look for opportunities to tell others that my teacher has the wisdom of the ages, and He can speak into every aspect of life with just what is needed.  Either I BELIEVE that My teacher Knows Best, or I have to question why I am indeed following Him myself. 

There is a lot of propaganda in the world! When I went to Estonia as a missionary I learned the Soviet propaganda against "religion".  They especially hated "spirit-filled" believers.  They propagated that Pentecostals were a cult that burned their kids as sacrifices.  They had lies about all religion, trying to negate its influence on their society. As a nation, we don't every want to go down that path!  We must be convinced that every word written in our Bibles is true!

I was counseling with a young man a few years ago, pointing him to the word of God for the wisdom for his situation.  I encouraged him that he needed to read from the Bible every day, to be encouraged and learn the ways of God.  His response to me was, "I read the book once a few years ago and don't see the need to read it again."  I tried to explain that every time he reads it, he will find something NEW and FRESH.  He was not interested.  He really had no desire to be a disciple of Jesus.  There are many who believe there is a God, but whose philosophy fills their minds and hearts?

We choose to be a disciple of those we trust and believe in.  I want my life to scream, I TRUST YOU FATHER! AND I WILL FOLLOW YOU ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARRING BRIDE

SHEPHERD'S STAFF

SERVING