FALLING IN LOVE WITH JESUS

I have been questioning my walk with God lately...in a good way.  I know that I am devoted to God and have disciplined my self to do what I should do each and every day.  Devoted means that I am loyal to Him, faithful to follow His ways, committed to be a Christian with no turning back and constant in reading His word.  I have disciplines in my life, to spend the first hour, or more,  of each day reading His word, some worship, some prayer.  I know HOW to be a Christian and am walking forward to be conformed into His image.

And yet, something is still lacking.  Even in my devotion and disciplines I can get into a rut.  Doing the right things, but no passion.  Passion is defined as having strong and barely controllable emotions; feelings of unusual excitement and enthusiasm.  I have moments during a worship service, at times, where I have a somewhat passionate encounter.  But I am seeing, that daily passion to follow Jesus, is lacking in me.  Remember in Revelation 2:6 Jesus wrote to the church in Ephesus..."Yet I hold this against you, You have forsaken your first love."  As I examine my heart and life, I too have forsaken my first love.  The same enthusiasm of those first encounters with the Holy Spirit are lacking or few and far between. 

I have been asking the Holy Spirit to help me fall in love with Jesus all over again!
The funny thing is...I am not entirely sure what that should look like. ( Just being truthful.)
I want to be in love with Jesus...I confess it with my mouth.  But for it to be a reality in my life, I have to hunger and thirst to KNOW him.  I have got to make some changes in my life.

The problem is not with Him.  His love is sure and steadfast!  As John 4:16 says "I can know and rely on the love God has for me".  The problem is my love for Him.  The romance is lacking on my side.

I am pursuing the Holy Spirit right now to take me deeper in the Spirit realm.  To restore a passion in me to want to spend time and energy in His presence more than anything else.  So many distractions! I must change.  His desire is for me...I want more of my desire to be for Him. 

How about you?  How is your passion for God shaping your life??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARRING BRIDE

SHEPHERD'S STAFF

SERVING