LISTENING TO GOD

Here is thought for you...God is always speaking, how much of what He says do I hear?

I remember when I was on the mission field and organizing a nation wide outreach.  I was traveling around the nation, with my translator Agnes, visiting pastors to see if they would host a group from abroad.  One young Pastor named Pavel, listened to my request and then said he needed to go upstairs and talk with God.  About 10 minutes later he came back and said God had said yes they were to participate.  Agnes and I joked that Pavel must have had a direct phone line to God upstairs to hear and respond so quickly.

In actuality, all of us have a direct phone line!  We have His ear anytime we want to talk to Him.  He is looking throughout the earth for anyone who is seeking Him.  He always wants to spend time with us, the question is how much of my time and my heart lean toward wanting to be with Him and listen to Him?

My prayer this week has been... "Help me Lord to cultivate a listening heart.  It is not just my ears that need to hear you, but a heart that is willing to respond.  You are ALWAYS speaking, so how much do I miss because I have my own agenda and plans.  Help me Holy Spirit to develop and cultivate sensitivity to your nudges and urges, to fulfill the Father's heart.  I don't want to be hard-hearted.  Take out my heart of stone and give me a heart of flesh, that beats with you in mind."

How about you today?  Do you take enough time each day to lean in and listen to what the Spirit is saying?  I hope so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WARRING BRIDE

SHEPHERD'S STAFF

SERVING